REDDING, Calif. - If you'd like to help the victims of the Clover Fire there are several clothing and supply drives underway. Below is a list of some of groups helping the victims.
1. The Lunch Bunch wants to help the fire victims. They are taking donations. Needed for children: Stuffed animals, coloring book, crayons, clothes, shoes, socks, hygiene products. For adults: Clothes, shoes, socks, blankets, quilts, pillows, hygiene products, women's feminine products,can goods, make-up, and cologne or perfume. Contact Fusion Pit in the Anderson Outlets (Mariann) will be taking donations. Also Call Becky Barnes at 365.3393 or (Sherry) 364-2385 or you can bring your donations to 19964 Riverside Ave in El Rio Estates in Anderson.
2. Teen Organizes Fire Donation Drive: Trinity Garcia, 13, is collecting items for the fire victims at two locations. They are asking for toys and clothing.
a. U.S. Army Recruiting Station 1310 Churn Creek Suite E-1, Redding
b. Vic's Mobile Marine, 11990 Deschutes Rd, Bella Vista, 96008 Phone (530) 549-3051
3. Haven Humane Society is seeking donations of pet food and livestock feed that is available to the victims of the Clover Fire. Anyone who needs pet food or livestock feed should contact Animal Regulations at 241-2550. Donations should be brought to Haven Humane at 7449 Eastside Road in Redding.
4. The Salvation Army is currently accepting monetary donations for short-term and long-term assistance. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go directly to support the local disaster relief operations. To give, please visit www.gosalarmy.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769). Donations by mail may be designated "Clover Fire" and sent to: The Salvation Army 2691 Larkspur Lane Redding, CA 96002
5. Household item & clothing drive for fire victims.
a. Shasta College: Drop-off locations at Student Senate & all over campus. Student Senate (530) 242-7746
b. Anderson: Distribution & Donation, Junk and Treasures, 19674 Hill St., Anderson (530) 365-9020
6. Red Cross is taking financial donations. If you are interested in making a monetary donation, please visit their website: http://www.redcross.org
7. Happy Valley Children's Fire Relief is an account established at the Redding Bank of Commerce. You can hand-deliver financial donations to any of their locations, or mail a check. All money will support Happy Valley students who have been affected by the fire.
8. North Valley Bank is seeking both food and monetary donations. They are looking for pre-packaged protein snacks, jerky, sports drinks, canned or boxed non-perishable pantry items, and canned tuna or meat. Financial donations are always welcome.
9. Revolve Solar is accepting non-perishable food, water, clothing, personal hygiene products, pet supplies, and anything for their home such as towels, sheets, etc. They are located at 20177 Charlanne Dr. in Redding off of Airport Road. You can also call them at (530) 410-6566.