The Humboldt County Sheriff's Office responded to the River Bar in Petrolia Friday around 11:00 p.m after the Petrolia Fire Department reported finding human remains.
Deputies responded and confirmed the remains were human. Detectives from the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office along with members of the Department of Justice were on scene and efforts to recover the body are underway.
The age, sex and identity of the body are unknown at this time along with the cause of death.
The remains were found in the area Shane Miller was believed to be in when he went missing after allegedly killing his wife and two daughters. The Humboldt County Sheriff can not confirm whether this body is related to the Miller case.
- Trump's tax plan could cost an estimated $5.5 trillion
- New Starbucks: Nearly a third of sales were made digitally last quarter
- Updated Burglary suspect arrested three days after home theft
- Updated Drugged driving surpasses drunk driving among drivers killed in crashes, report finds
- Updated Six arrested for maintaining drug house in Redding