RED BLUFF, Calif. - Downed lines closed Interstate 5 in Tehama County for more than an hour Wednesday afternoon.
A truck hit phone lines suspended above the freeway near Antelope Blvd. in Red Bluff at about 3:35 p.m. A utility pole was knocked over, sparking a small vegetation fire. Some areas experienced Internet outages while repairs were made.
There was a significant backup of traffic while crews worked to clear the road. The freeway was reopened at about 4:45 p.m.
- Updated North Korea carries out 'large-scale' artillery drill, South Korea says
- Updated Woman who says she knows suspect in HSU murder speaks out
- Warriors rout Trail Blazers to complete series sweep
- Fresno hate crime suspect describes anger toward white men
- Rain hurts turn out at Palo Cedro Show and Shine