A man traveling from Guatemala to Newark admitted to possessing chocolate-covered heroin on a flight in June, reports The Associated Press.
Jacobo Orellana-Estrada, 21, arrived to Newark when Customs officers found what appeared to be six small cakes in his bag. Upon further investigation, they discovered they were actually packages of heroin covered in chocolate.
Orellana-Estrada pleaded guilty to possession with intent to distribute heroin in federal court Thursday. He faces up to life in prison.
- Updated Analysis: 5 takeaways from Jones' victory in Alabama
- Updated Democrat Doug Jones wins Alabama Senate seat
- Updated Jones' future Senate colleagues prepare for his arrival
- Updated Commercial Dungeness crabbing season delayed again for North Coast
- Updated Jones 'overwhelmed' by victory over Moore