A Pennsylvania man who was hoping to exercise his right to vote was arrested Monday for being intoxicated and showing up a day early.
Police say Douglas Shuttlesworth, 34, arrived to the local elementary school to vote Monday while under the influence of alcohol. When authorities arrived, they found Shuttlesworth clearly intoxicated and also discovered that he had driven to the school, reports The Associated Press.
Shuttlesworth was arrested and charged with a DUI.
- Updated The California wildfires by the numbers
- Updated Microsoft may soon be worth $1 trillion
- Updated Port Authority attack suspect : What we know of Akayed Ullah
- Updated Seahawks DL Jefferson tries to climb into stands
- Updated Redding firefighter returning home after being injured fighting Thomas Fire