A German man trying to enjoy a frosty beer in a movie theater caused an evacuation when he attempted to open the beverage with a pepper spray canister.
The Associated Press reports the pepper spray container broke while he tried to open the beer, causing some 200 moviegoers to leave the theater in tears. The manager of the cinema said the situation caused "chaos."
Patrons were treated to complimentary drinks while staff opened the windows to air out the theater. The movie resumed after 30 minutes.
Police say no one has come forward to complain of eye or breathing problems.
- Updated Schiff: Mueller probe criticisms meant to discredit potential charges
- Updated 'King of Spin' Max Clifford dies in UK jail
- Updated Roy Moore says he has never molested anyone
- Updated Protesters, police clash outside US Embassy in Beirut
- Updated California wildfires: Governor offers grim outlook