A Pennsylvania man is in custody after police discovered he was allegedly selling heroin from his girlfriend's hospital bed the day she gave birth, reports local station WTAE.
Officials say they stopped a car Thursday and noticed drug paraphernalia in plain view. When police asked the occupants of the car where they got the drugs, they told them they bought heroin from a man in a room at Excela Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg.
When police arrived to the hospital, they found Cody Hulse who admitted to having heroin in his pocket and delivering it to people who were in the room. Hulse's girlfriend gave birth to their child earlier that day, and says she was not aware there was heroin in the room.
Hulse has been charged with delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and endangering the welfare of children.
- Updated Thousands of Shasta Co. children at risk of being uninsured
- Updated Aetna waives co-pay for opioid overdose drug
- Updated Weather Forecast: Chilly mornings and well above normal highs continues through this weekend
- Accused Tampa killer pleads not guilty
- Paradise Bank of the West a total loss after early morning fire