REDDING, Calif. - Lake Boulevard was closed overnight after a fatal collision between a car and a bicyclist.
The collision happened at 11:41 p.m. on Lake Boulevard near Clay Street. Redding Police confirmed the person who was killed had been riding a bicycle prior to the collision, but was already down in roadway before being hit by the car.
The car, a Ford 500, was driven by 25-year-old Alycia Larson of Redding.
Traffic on Lake Boulevard was detoured for six hours while police remained on scene investigating. The road reopened around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police are still seeking information about the collision. If you have information call Redding Police.
Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Chico Great Debate kicks off for its 7th year
- Updated Murder victim's family believes he was setup by girlfriend
- Updated Trump to make 'closing argument,' lay out plan for first 100 days
- Updated The Clinton Foundation's gender pay gap worried campaign