REDDING, Calif. - A Redding woman is without a home after a late night fire destroyed her home.
The fire broke out just after 9 p.m. Wednesday in the 2800 block of Mahan Street in Redding's Parkview neighborhood.
Downed power lines sent sparks flying, making it difficult for firefighters to get close to the burning building.
The owner of the home told KRCR Newschannel 7 she is staying elsewhere, with the assistance of the Red Cross.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Xtra Point Week Five: Central Valley, Red Bluff end losing streaks
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US