A Cottonwood man is being treated for second- and third-degree burns to his face and hands after an explosion Monday evening.
It happened around 4 p.m. on the 20000 block of First St. in Cottonwood. The Shasta County Interagency Narcotics Task Force team said Jeffrey Bolds, 22, was extracting honey oil from marijuana inside the home.
Investigators believe the vapors that Bolds was using ignited and caught fire.
The bedroom where Bolds was working sustained major damage and the rest of the home sustained moderate damage during the explosion.
A 17-year-old girl and her two-month-old baby were inside at the time the home caught fire. Both the girl and baby made it out safely. The baby was placed into protective custody with Shasta County Children and Family Services.