A home in Redding caught fire late Tuesday morning while a person was inside.
It happened on 2000 block of Jewel Street just off of Highway 273. When fire officials arrived on scene, they saw a plume of smoke coming from the attic of the home.
Three people live at the residence but only one of them was there when the fire broke out. Brandon Merrifield who lives at the home, told KRCR News Channel 7 that this will have a damper on the Holidays for him and his family,
"We were planning for Christmas morning, getting ready for what we were going to be having for dinner, and now it looks like we are going to have it somewhere else hopefully."
Fire officials do not know yet the cause of the fire but believe it could be electrical. No one was injured in the fire, the family dog made it out safely as well.
The damage is estimated to be around $30,000.