CHICO, Calif. - Police are investigating a reported shooting at an apartment complex.
Dispatchers received a 911 call at around 11 a.m. from the Serenity Apartments at 1205 N. Cedar St.
A man claimed he was in front of the apartment complex when he got in an argument with another man who pulled out a revolver and shot him in the hand. He said the man then ran off northbound on N. Cedar St.
Police are working to confirm those details. They did find blood evidence toward the back of the complex, and are also taking a close look at the roof outside an apartment.
The victim was taken to Enloe Medical Center.
While the suspect is described as a black male in his 30s with a red t-shirt, both police and an apartment employee said that officers responded to a domestic dispute at the same complex just yesterday. The manager said it involved the shooting victim.
At this point - no connection has been made, nor can police verify exactly what happened. The investigation continues. Stay with KRCR News Channel 7 for updates.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney