CHICO, Calif. - A Chico State student was rushed to the hospital Saturday afternoon after he was hit by a motorcycle on the corner of West Sacramento Avenue and Warner Street.
Chico Police, fire and paramedics responded to the call of the crash around 3:30 p.m.
They found a red motorcycle on it's side on the sidewalk where it came to rest after hitting the victim.
Witnesses said it looked like a freak occurrence.
"He (the motorcycle rider) seemed like he took off very quickly; took off in a hurry and it revved real high and the bike kind of slipped right out from under him," says Isaac Duchon, who witnessed the crash and called 911. "The rider went one way, the bike went another way and the bike took out the pedestrian or--I don't know if he was holding the bike or just standing there--and just chopped him. And so he went down and went into a seizure."
Police said the victim likely hit his head hard on the pavement.
There's no word how badly the man was hurt but police have blocked off the intersection, a precaution they typically take in major injury crashes.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Howard Dean under fire for alleging Trump cocaine use at debate
- Updated Muslim woman to appear in Playboy in a hijab
- Updated Why you should be careful searching for Amy Schumer
- Updated Two arrested after they park a stolen vehicle near a police officer