CHICO, Calif. - According to a press release, Enloe Medical Center will become tobacco-free at all campuses beginning Feb. 14.
Tobacco will be prohibited within all Enloe facilities and grounds including smokeless cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
Enloe has communicated with physician offices and will help patients who are admitted.
The change is beginning on Valentine's Day and during National Heart Month.
Smoking increases the likelihood of coronary heart disease by two to four times.
For more information on heart health please visit krcrtv.com/healthy-heart.
- Updated Thursday, June 29th Forecast: Warming trend continues into the weekend
- Modi to become first Indian Prime Minister to visit Israel
- Updated Communities evacuated as wildfires torch 2 states
- Local heroes honored during centennial celebration
- New Redding ordinance makes it easier to cite trespassers