CHICO, Calif. - Dan Holmes has been reinstated as a music teacher at Parkview Elementary School in Chico.
Holmes, who served as a teacher for 27 years, was fired after a physical altercation with a sixth grade student. Holmes contended that he was trying to prevent the boy from harming himself and other students.
The Chico School Board considered and authorized "a stipulated agreement whereby the teacher will serve a period of unpaid suspension and participate in counseling sessions in addition to other agreed upon conditions."
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Humboldt County farmers upset over possible new overtime bill
- Updated Delays hit construction in Klamath Trinity Joint Unified School District
- Updated Farm worker overtime expansion bill heads to governor's desk