CHICO, Calif. - Stacee Etcheber from Novato, and the former owner of Dimensions Salon in Chico, was killed in Sunday nights mass shooting in Las Vegas.
According to the Associated Press, Etcheber, 50, was at the concert with her husband, who is a San Francisco Police Officer, when he told her to hide, then to run, as he helped a concertgoer next to him who had been shot, according to Etcheber's brother-in-law Al Etcheber.
Al said his brother, Vincent Etcherber, immediately went into what his training as a police officer has taught him once he heard shots ring out.
Al said Vincent told Stacee and the couple's three friends to protect themselves behind a nearby barrier. He then told them to run, just before the second round of shots rang out.
It was confirmed Tuesday morning that Stacee was killed during the shooting.
- Updated Chico State leads CSU effort to advocate for undocumented students
- Updated Tampa officials meet with residents after unsolved killings
- Updated Corning superintendent settles with school board, resigns
- Defendants in Redding homicide case ordered to stand trial
- Stephen Hawking's thesis crashes Cambridge University's website