OROVILLE, Calif. - Sid Lewis pleaded not guilty to the charge of annoying or molesting a minor, after investigators say he masturbated in front of a former student Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators said Lewis was pleasuring himself in front of a 17-year-old girl at his home off West Sacramento Avenue when she was doing chores in February.
Lewis used to own the popular music school, Chico School of Rock, and then stepped down as owner when he was arrested.
The defense tried to continue Wednesday's hearing to coincide with a separate trial in which Lewis is accused of assaulting his girlfriend with a firearm. The judge granted that request.
Lewis denied commenting to us after court. We tried calling his attorney, Eric Berg for a statement but he did not return our calls.
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death
- Updated White House invites Trump, Clinton reps for transition meetings
- RB Junion Spartans will have concussion testing Saturday
- JetChico proposes terminal floor plan to new airport manager
- Want a picture with Captain Kirk? That'll be $100