OROVILLE, Calif. - Sid Lewis pleaded not guilty to the charge of annoying or molesting a minor, after investigators say he masturbated in front of a former student Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators said Lewis was pleasuring himself in front of a 17-year-old girl at his home off West Sacramento Avenue when she was doing chores in February.
Lewis used to own the popular music school, Chico School of Rock, and then stepped down as owner when he was arrested.
The defense tried to continue Wednesday's hearing to coincide with a separate trial in which Lewis is accused of assaulting his girlfriend with a firearm. The judge granted that request.
Lewis denied commenting to us after court. We tried calling his attorney, Eric Berg for a statement but he did not return our calls.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration