CHICO, Calif. - Scores of golfers took to the links Monday to raise money for Butte County children in need.
The annual Golf Fore Kids Tournament raises thousands of dollars for local non-profit Youth For Change, which offers treatment, education and support services to children and families in the area.
Over 140 duffers hit the tees and greens at Canyon Oaks Country Club for a round of golf, but more importantly, to give back to the community.
"The proceeds go to helping kids that are transitioning out of the foster care system, some of the homeless kids and other kids just less fortunate than ones we typically know," said George Siler, executive director of Youth For Change.
Dozens of sponsors and volunteers come together to make the event happen each year.
Raffle prizes donated from various local businesses along with a putting contest also help add to the fundraising effort.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney