OROVILLE, Calif. - A Butte County man accused of fighting with a deputy and injuring him entered a not guilty plea Thursday.
Butte County Sheriff's Deputy Sam Burnett arrested Terry Collins for a felony warrant just before 11 a.m., August 26 in Oroville.
Investigators say Collins punched and kicked Deputy Burnett.
Collins pleaded not guilty to resisting arrest and battery with injury on a peace officer. His trial is set for September 22.
- Updated Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Xtra Point Week Zero: Foothill pulls out late victory at West Valley
- Updated Court declines to hear appeal on Wisconsin voter ID law before election
- Luncheon aims to teach community about aviation infrastructure uses