CHICO, Calif. - A long time Chico daycare is looking for a new place to call home.
Many consider the Chico Nursery School a piece of history.
The school has been located off East First Avenue for 45 years, but the lot has now been bought by Chico Community Church.
School officials said the new owners have plans for the building where the school operates. They said the new owners want to build classrooms for Sunday school.
"We have a lot of options on the table and we have a very tight group of parents here that are all willing to work together and jump on board and help," said parent, Lynsey Shinn.
"We are trying to look at as it's a lot of work ahead, but it's also an opportunity for something new," said Chico Nursery School director, Nancy Heffley.
School officials said they are looking at homes or other open office space to move the school. They also say the biggest struggle is going to be getting that site certified for preschool safety.
We tried reaching out to Chico Community Church for a comment but they didn't return my calls or emails.
If you like to donate on the school's website or you can visit the school yourself at 1190 East First Avenue in Chico and donate in person.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Sheriff's office: Report of shooting at SC elementary school
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Street re-opened after gas leak in Chico