CHICO, Calif. - A train blocking railroad crossings in Chico Tuesday afternoon caused quite a headache for drivers trying to cross two major streets north of downtown.
Reports of the stopped train came in a little after 1:30 p.m.
The stalled locomotive block railroad crossings at West Sacramento and West 8th Avenues.
Some pedestrians near the Chico State campus decided to hike around the train rather than wait it out.
Chico police quickly sent out a press release saying malfunctioning crossing guard rails were to blame.
Around 2:30 p.m., nearly an hour later, the train started creeping back on its way northbound.
Vehicles which had been blocked all that time was finally able to move on its way and within minutes traffic was back to normal.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- Philippines: 5-year-old girl killed in drug war, Human Rights Watch says