CHICO, Calif. - Thousands of people descended on Caper Acres Playground in Lower Bidwell Park Saturday morning for the annual Spring Jamboree.
The event features a free Easter egg hunt that for many is a holiday tradition.
"It's a family tradition and it's pretty good for the community," said Melissa Miller, who was in town from Reno visiting family and came out with her husband and two young girls. "I hope that they will remember this when they get older."
Dana Kennedy, another attendee, was at the event for the first time.
"It's amazing," she said. "There's just kids everywhere. Everyone's just milling around."
The Easter bunny also roamed the grounds of the park, taking pictures with hoards of kids.
This year's crowd was at least double what organizers had planned for, due to a children's 5k also going on in the One Mile Recreation Area.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car