CHICO, Calif. - A jungle gym at a popular park in Chico will be shut down for a while thanks to some vandals who keep destroying it.
The City of Chico has decided to fence up the jungle gym at Degarmo Park in north Chico because the rubber surface there is repeatedly being ripped up.
The city says this has been going for the past year so they are going to close it to put stronger glue on the rubber material, making it more difficult to rip up.
There is no exact date when the jungle gym will re-open but city officials said that the repairs are expected to cost about $20,000.
- Evacuations ordered due to fire burning in Hawkinsville and Yreka
- Updated Celebrate National Parks' 100th birthday by joining Obama on a (virtual) tour of Yosemite
- Updated Baby found in vomit saved
- Updated Is this the world's most innovative restaurant?
- Updated Trump campaign manager: 'Nothing has changed' on immigration