OROVILLE, Calif. - The Wal-Mart store in Oroville wants to donate a special gift and birthday cards to a Willows girl diagnosed with stage three lymphoma.
Taylor Payne, 8, wanted books for her birthday so she can read them while undergoing chemotherapy.
She was diagnosed in March and has been in the hospital ever since.
The Wal-Mart staff set up a box in the store for customers to donate.
The store manager, Kirsten Rogers, also asked her co-workers Monday if they would donate money for a special gift.
"Most people know somebody or are related to somebody that cancer has impacted," said Holly Lopez, asset manager, Wal-Mart Oroville. "It's something that is really important to us that we can really impact this little girl who is dealing with this and her family."
The staff says they've raised more than $200 so far for that gift.
They're also putting together a bunch of birthday cards for her.
We cannot reveal what the gift is, because the staff wants to keep it a surprise for Taylor. If you like to give a birthday card or book to Taylor you can send it to her at this address:
P.O. Box 81
Willows, CA 95988
Just a reminder, the books have to be brand new because of her condition.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Local student places 4th in weightlifting at world competition
- Updated Redding mayor accentuates the positives in annual address
- Updated Former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres dead at 93
- New law protects good Samaritans saving animals from locked car