PARADISE, Calif. - A Paradise woman found a six month old kitten that was run over a by car.
Roxy Palmer said she was filling up at the Valero Station on the Skyway in Chico Tuesday. She spotted a kitten who had its legs and tail broken.
She named the kitten "Duncan", and took him to a vet's office in Paradise and Chico.
The vet said Duncan needs extensive surgery.
"I love animals, and he was a helpless little guy," said Palmer. "Nobody else was trying to help him so I was the only one that would take him home."
Palmer said the surgery for Duncan will be a couple thousand dollars.
You can donate at any Wells Fargo bank, and put donations into Palmer's PayPal account.
You can also reach out to her on Duncan's Facebook page.
- Updated Wing part 'highly likely' from MH370, Australian officials say
- Updated Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District decides not to fund educational videos
- Updated Humboldt County Cannabis Chamber of Commerce against cannabis excise tax
- Updated The city of Eureka encourages people to get outdoors
- Updated The Westhaven Volunteer Fire Department needs your help