PARADISE, Calif. -

Paradise police said a mobile home fire Tueaday that left a man with severe burns over most of his body is believed to have been started during the manufacturing of concentrated cannabis.

Paradise Police Sgt.Eric Reinbold said investigators were able to speak with the unidentified 26-year-old man before he was airlifted to the UC Davis burn unit.

"He admitted during an interview while he was being treated that that's what he was doing, which is believed to be what ignited and caused the mobile home to catch on fire," Reinbold said. "The house was a total loss so there wasn't a whole lot left to go through at the end of it."

Concentrated cannabis is made using highly flammable butane gas.

The blaze started around 12:35 p.m. Tuesday at a home on the corner of Towhee Lane and the Skyway.

Paradise firefighters arrived on the scene to find the fire well underway. They were soon joined by units from CALFIRE Butte County and were able to keep it from spreading to a home next door.

The man shared the home with his girlfriend. No one else was injured.