Bonten California is looking for a Marketing /Promotions Director
Marketing and Promotions Directors develop and oversee the station’s image marketing, direct all advertising, promotional and contest initiatives of the station, as well as daily promotion of the news product. This candidate will work to properly brand the station based on available market research and station input.
- Create and implement the overall marketing strategy of the station.
- Design multi-platform promotional campaigns that communicate and build brand/image awareness within the DMA.
- Manage Promotion Producer and assist with copy writing and creative direction for marketing collateral, including television, radio, online, print, event, and other communication platforms.
- Plan all inside (on air and online) and outside media (radio, outdoor, print) placement, media partnerships, affiliate radio and television co-op advertising.
- Analyze and communicate market data to station staff, including Nielsen and Magid market research, and recommend strategies based on that data.
- Responsible for ensuring brand delivery in the on-air and online news product through oversight and strategy recommendations.
- Forming and maintaining strategic community partnerships with local community organizations and media outlets.
- Coordinate, implement, and promote all station sponsored events.
- Maintain station supply of banners and promotional items for events and giveaways.
- Assist in designing and creating collateral for station special revenue opportunities and sales one-sheets.
- Have a strong understanding of Magid Research, ratings, and news objectives to best promote KRCR brand
- Strong technical knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 6, including After Effects and Photoshop
- Strong technical knowledge of Final Cut
- Strong technical knowledge of MAC and IOS
- Coordinate station talent appearances
- Coordinate FCC required outreach efforts, such as job fairs.
- Manage on air Public Service Announcements and on-air/online community calendar
- Maintain accurate records for the FCC Public File in physical and digital form
- Ensure appropriate FCC notifications are posted on air and on other required platforms