REDDING, Calif. -

A family in the City of Shasta Lake was able to escape safely when a fire started in their garage Thursday night.

The fire broke out at about 9:00 p.m. at a home on the 3100 block of Dartford Drive.

Firefighters arrived to find the garage fully engulfed and the blaze quickly spread to the attic. There were several propane tanks in the garage and neighbors reported hearing several loud pops.

Family members were able to save one of the two vehicles inside the garage but the other was destroyed.

No injuries were reported.