A large fire was reported at a home on the 3100 block of Dartford Drive Thursday night.
Firefighters believe the blaze started in a garage but are not releasing a cause.
The towering flames caused a commotion as the majority of the neighborhood came outside to see what was going on.
A couple who lived in the home, believed to be in their seventies, made it out of the home safely.
Heather Wallace and her husband live next door to the now destroyed home and helped rush the couple out.
Heather said her husband was outside when he noticed glowing and flickering coming from the neighbor's garage.
That's when he jumped into action.
"He yelled for us to come help him get them out of the house, we were banging on the doors telling them that their house is on fire. He was spraying things down, trying to get the fire out but once we realized it was getting bigger and we started watering down our house and the trees and the roof," Heather explained.
Heather said it was a scary experience but overall she's thankful no on was hurt and is impressed by the help and compassion of everyone in the neighborhood.
On Friday the roof of the home was badly caved in.
Firefighters believe the inferno started in the garage, then spread to the attic but thankfully a lot of items in the house were saved.
The Red Cross is working with the couple to try and find them a place to stay.