RED BLUFF, Calif. -

Friends are seeking donations to help four families displaced by an apartment fire in Red Bluff.

The apartment building known as Heather Estates on caught fire Saturday afternoon.  It started on the second floor.

Investigators say it began in the bedroom sparked by smoking materials that caused bedding to catch fire.

Everything in the upstairs was destroyed by fire. Red Bluff firefighters kept it from spreading to the first floor.

If you have furniture, clothes or household items you don't need, call the Lisa Chandler at (530) 366-0719.

Three other apartments suffered smoke damage.

In all, four families received housing assistance from the American Red Cross.