RED BLUFF, Calif. -

A Red Bluff home suffered major damage in a fire investigators say was sparked by a candle.

The blaze broke out just after 9 p.m. Monday night at a house on the 2500 block of Wildwood Avenue.

The fire destroyed one room on the upper floor.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put the fire out.

Investigators say a candle was left burning on top of a dresser. It eventually burned down so far it caught the dresser on fire.

Everybody inside the home was able to make it out safely.