REDDING, Calif. -

Fire officials have determined that malfunctioning electrical equipment caused a house fire Monday afternoon in South Redding, on Branstetter Lane in Redding.

The fire broke out at 1301 Branstetter Lane around 3:30 Monday afternoon. The fire caused damage to the attic and roof.  No one was home when the fire broke out.

The home was without power.  Firefighters said a generator and battery used to generate electricity malfunctioned, causing the blaze.     

The fire caused $30,000 in damage.