An Oroville man pulled from his burning apartment by neighbors Friday morning has died, according to U.C. Davis Medical Center.
The fire at Oro Villa Apartments on Mitchell Avenue was reported just after 9 a.m.
Neighbors alerted to the blaze found a man, thought to be in his 70s, standing by his bedroom window but unable to get out.
Apartment manager Tony Thomas opened the window and pulled the man out, but not before the victim suffered serious burns.
He was flown to U.C. Davis where the hospital said Saturday he succumbed to his injuries.
Thomas was also hurt, suffering second-degree burns to his fingertips, according to a colleague.
Oroville fire investigators are still unsure how the fire started, but know that it began in the man's bedroom and appears to be an accident.
Editor's Note: Because local officials could not confirm that the victim's family has been notified of his death, KRCR News Channel 7 is temporarily withholding his name from publication.