PARADISE, Calif. -

Investigators with Paradise Police said the fire that destroyed a mobile home Tuesday was started by a man using butane gas to manufacture concentrated cannabis.

The fire broke out at 12:35 p.m. in the 1400 block of Towhee Lane off the Skyway.  Firefighters found the home fully engulfed in flames.  

The 26-year-old man who lives there suffered severe burns over approximately 60 percent of his body.  During the investigation, the resident admitted he was manufacturing concentrated cannabis by means of butane gas.  Investigators believe during the manufacturing process the substance ignited, burned the resident and caught the home on fire.

Officers are conducting a criminal investigation regarding the manufacturing of concentrated cannabis.

The burn victim was taken by helicopter to U.C. Davis Medical Center where he was listed in critical but stable condition.

The Skyway was closed for two hours while firefighters put out the blaze.