WILLOWS, Calif. - Authorities are investigating suspicious fire of four boxes of bee hives in Glenn County.
Willows fire said they got a call at about midnight Friday morning saying four bee hives were burring off County Road 48.
Firefighters were able to put out the boxes quickly once they got on scene, and they are thinking this fire might have been started on purpose.
"Our concern was there was no reason for the boxes to catch on fire," said Captain Skip Sykes. "It does seem suspicious."
So far there are no leads on any suspects. The total value lost was estimated at approximately $2,000.
Anyone with additional information is asked to the Glenn County Sheriff's Office at (530) 934-6441.
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated US: Airstrikes hit ISIS in area where civilian deaths are alleged
- Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight