ETNA, Calif. - After a house fire in Siskiyou County killed a man on Tuesday morning, an Etna woman was arrested on suspicion of arson and murder.
The woman, Jayah Rae Jordan, 23, was arrested on Tuesday.
The house fire destroyed five buildings and damaged two other homes at 4:30 a.m. on Tuesday. The fire also damaged or destroyed six vehicles.
Suzi Brady of Siskiyou County CAL FIRE said that the house fire was at a Victorian-style home on the 600-block of Main St. where three different families lived.
Brady said that six people did escape the home but the identification of the person who died is pending an autopsy, which is scheduled for Friday to determine the cause and manner of death of the victim.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Etna Police Department at 467-3400 or the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office 24-hour dispatch center at 841-2900.
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Winter Weather Advisory
- Updated Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal
- Updated Meeting held to form alliance to help homeless HSU students
- Updated U.S. Department of Education grant awarded to Hispanic and low-income HSU students