ELK CREEK, Calif. - CHP in Glenn County are investigating a single-vehicle accident that ended with the vehicle engulfed in fire and the car's sole occupant dead.
The 2000 Dodge caravan ran off the road and hit a tree just west of the Elk Creek Divide.
The Glenn County coroner is still working to identify the body using an autopsy as well as dental records.
CHP confirmed that the driver was a male, but because he did not survive and there were no witnesses, it is challenging for them to know what caused the accident.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- James O'Neill: Blast comes on top cop's first day
- Updated Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez
- High school football player dies two days after injury in game