LOS ANGELES (AP) - The 10 people killed in a Northern California bus crash included a Los Angeles couple recently engaged in Paris.
Debra Loyd confirmed for The Associated Press on Friday the death of her grandson Michael Myvett and his fiancee, Mattison Haywood. The two were chaperones on the bus carrying high school students to Humboldt State University when it was hit by a FedEx tractor trailer Thursday night.
A spokeswoman for the Center for Autism & Other Disorders in Southern California says Myvett provided therapy for autistic children there for the past two years.
Spokeswoman Stacey Price says Myvett proposed to Haywood in Paris in December.
- Updated Arkansas puts hold on execution as US Supreme Court reviews case
- New Starbucks: Nearly a third of sales were made digitally last quarter
- Updated Burglary suspect arrested three days after home theft
- Updated Drugged driving surpasses drunk driving among drivers killed in crashes, report finds
- Updated Six arrested for maintaining drug house in Redding