LOS ANGELES (AP) - The 10 people killed in a Northern California bus crash included a Los Angeles couple recently engaged in Paris.
Debra Loyd confirmed for The Associated Press on Friday the death of her grandson Michael Myvett and his fiancee, Mattison Haywood. The two were chaperones on the bus carrying high school students to Humboldt State University when it was hit by a FedEx tractor trailer Thursday night.
A spokeswoman for the Center for Autism & Other Disorders in Southern California says Myvett provided therapy for autistic children there for the past two years.
Spokeswoman Stacey Price says Myvett proposed to Haywood in Paris in December.
- Updated Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do
- Updated Mayo maker says it is no longer being probed by SEC, DOJ
- Federal judge sides with Trump administration in travel ban case
- BREAKING: Officer-involved shooting on I-5 in Cottonwood
- UCLA freshman Lonzo Ball declares for NBA draft after tourney loss