REDDING, Calif. - UPDATE 8:36 a.m.
Percy Carpenter, 83, has been found safe and will return to the Canyonwood Rehabilitation facility.
Police said he stayed the night at a friend's house and did not notify staff at the facility. He was located at approximately 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police are searching for an 83-year-old missing man in Redding after he signed himself out from a rehabilitation center and never returned.
An employee at the Canyonwood Rehabilitation facility reported that Percy Carpenter, 83, was missing at approximately 2 a.m. Monday morning.
The employee said Carpenter signed himself out at 6 p.m. and never returned, which was out of character for him.
Police said Carpenter is considered at risk because of his age and various health conditions.
He is described as a white male adult, approximately 5 ft. 8 in., weighing approximately 173 pounds. He was last seen wearing a black long sleeve shirt and jeans.
If anyone comes into contact with him, they are asked to call the Redding Police Department.
- Updated Attention, teachers: You can keep your deduction for classroom supplies
- Updated What happened when a Klansman met a black man in Charlottesville
- New Sex charge filed against former soccer coach found with teenager
- What's in the GOP's final tax plan
- Updated City of Shasta Lake dispensary gets licenses to sell recreational marijuana