REDDING, Calif. - The Kohl's department store in Redding hosted a shopping spree early Saturday morning for the Kohl's Cares for Kids.
These children in need got to pick out new school clothes, binders, and notebooks.
Local businesses and churches also donated backpacks full of school supplies as well as new toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss.
"It's always exciting for us to see 100 kids lining up K-5th Graders and to have this shopping spree take place for them so they can get the back-to-school clothes they need," said Director of Northern Valley Catholic Social Service, Jake Mangas.
The Redding Breakfast Lions Club also chipped in $2,500 for the event.
- Updated 5 things learned from Trump's 100-day interview
- Updated Emmanuel Macron vows to avoid 'mistake Hillary Clinton made'
- Updated GOP's health care push tests Democratic resistance
- Updated U.K. growth falls to just 0.3%. Is more pain on the way?
- Friday, April 28th Forecast: Warmer and drier conditions going into the weekend