REDDING, Calif. - The Kohl's department store in Redding hosted a shopping spree early Saturday morning for the Kohl's Cares for Kids.
These children in need got to pick out new school clothes, binders, and notebooks.
Local businesses and churches also donated backpacks full of school supplies as well as new toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss.
"It's always exciting for us to see 100 kids lining up K-5th Graders and to have this shopping spree take place for them so they can get the back-to-school clothes they need," said Director of Northern Valley Catholic Social Service, Jake Mangas.
The Redding Breakfast Lions Club also chipped in $2,500 for the event.
- Rio Olympics: Is Brazil ready for the 2016 Games?
- Updated Police: Bank robbed, suspect still on the loose
- Updated Charles Koch frets about America turning to politicians in dark times
- Updated FBI turns over thousands of Clinton documents to State
- Weather Forecast: Slight Relief from the Heat, Wildfire Concerns Remain