BURNEY, Calif. - An 11-year-old boy was struck and killed by a semi-truck in Burney around 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The boy was riding a skateboard in a crosswalk near the intersection of Main and Marquette when the accident happened.
A witness said they tried to yell and warn the boy but he did not hear them.
The truck driver told police the boy "came out of nowhere"and that he couldn't avoid hitting him.
The California Highway Patrol said the boy was from Burney and the accident remains under investigation.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Clinton, Trump get the Weird Al auto-tune treatment
- Updated Xtra Point Week Eight: Shasta, Pleasant Valley victorious in rivalry games
- Updated Facebook to allow graphic posts if deemed 'newsworthy'
- Updated White powder at Clinton campaign HQ tests negative