ANDERSON, Calif. - Big Bike Weekend kicks off Friday and for the first time in 18 years, it will be held at the Shasta District Fairgrounds and Shasta Speedway.
The event will start at noon starting with Can Am Spyder demo rides. Throughout the weekend, there will be vendors, dealer displays, live bands, and several performance such as stunt bikes and drill teams.
Chairwoman, Connie Grinols, said the new venue has allowed this year to offer more attractions than ever before.
"It's the only venue, unfortunately, in our area where you can have both the track that we need for all the stunt bike teams that are coming to preform, and have facilities where people can have food, beverage, buildings for our vendors, and be in a secure location with ample parking," Grinoles said.
She said Saturday will be the annual Remembrance Ride starting in Redding honoring the late Doug Carney. Carney was the founder of the Remembrance Ride, a former Redding police officer, and chairman of Kool April Nites.
The event will be part of an upcoming documentary called "Biker America: God and Country".
For more details on the event and schedule click here.
- Updated US appeals for calm as allies clash in Iraq
- Updated 33 people killed in attack on Afghan police headquarters
- Updated ISIS routed in Raqqa as 'major military operations' end
- Updated 3 roofers set hammers aside to stand for national anthem
- Updated Australia's Qantas hops ahead with first nonstop flight to Europe