CITY OF SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - An old, abandoned restaurant was destroyed in a fire Wednesday evening in Shasta County.
The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. on Wonderland Boulevard near the I-5 exit north of Redding. It was inside the Old Mesquite Steakhouse, which has been empty for about three years.
CAL FIRE says the fire did spread to some vegetation, but it was minimal. Firefighters will be on scene through the night mopping up and keeping an eye on hot spots because of the wind.
- Updated Walmart is letting workers get paid whenever they want
- Updated Cow escapes church nativity scene twice
- New Rubio a 'no' on tax bill unless he gets child tax credit
- Report shines light on condition of driver after double fatal crash in Redding
- BINTF: One arrested, 19 pounds of meth seized in Chico drug bust