PALO CEDRO, Calif. - American Ninja Warrior Daniel Gil also known as “Kingdom Ninja” was in the Northstate to share his story and inspire others Tuesday.
Gil spoke to students in fourth through eighth grades at Junction School in Palo Cedro.
Gil talked about his journey to the show along with health and fitness and the importance of facing adversity and learning from your mistakes.
"So as soon as I got onto the scene of American Ninja Warrior I thought to myself 'this is an incredible opportunity to get to speak life and speak encouragement over the youth of America'," said Gil.
While in Shasta County Gil is also holding a special event Wednesday at Simpson College at 6:30 p.m. Fellow ninja Grant McCartney will also be there for a dunk contest to kick off the school’s basketball season.
- New Manafort gets $10 million bail, can travel to Florida
- Updated Small dog survives coyote attack caught on camera
- Updated Wanted felon arrested in Loleta by Humboldt County SWAT team
- Updated Pedestrian killed, suspect arrested for vehicular manslaughter and DUI
- Updated 3.5 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Petrolia