ANDERSON, Calif. - Anderson police are investigating a reported shooting on Ferry Street.
Dispatchers received a 911 call at around 9:38 p.m. on Friday reporting a man was knocking on someone's door claiming to have been shot in the head.
When officers arrived, they found a 19-year-old male victim bleeding from wounds to both his head and arm that appeared to be from a pellet gun.
He was rushed to Mercy Medical Center for treatment.
According to Anderson police, the man said he was shot by two or three white men during a robbery. He claimed the men wanted his backpack.
Roads around the 1900 block of Ferry Street were closed so investigators could process the scene and look for evidence.
Anyone with information about what happened is asked to call Anderson police.
- 49ers QB sits during national anthem in protest
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Ryan Lochte to endorse crime prevention device
- Updated Chico State student says she was the victim of excessive force by police
- Updated Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'