REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff''s deputies are searching for a suspect they describe as "armed and dangerous. Justin Mulliken, 21, is wanted for shooting a man in the parking lot of the Win-River Resort & Casino around 1:20 a.m. Monday, January 9.
Deputies say Mulliken shot Dustin Lloyd, 31, once in the lower abdomen and then fled.
Lloyd was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
According to the County Clerk's Criminal division, Mulliken, from Anderson, has four open criminal cases filed against him. Those offenses include an alleged DUI, an alleged hit-and-run, possession of metal knuckles and possession of a firearm with the ID numbers removed.
Records show Mulliken failed to appear in court on December 5. He is scheduled to appear on January 23. Deputies said he is wanted for questioning regarding the shooting incident. They consider him armed and dangerous.
In an written statement, the Redding Rancheria said they are not advised to comment because there is an on-going investigation.
"We work closely with all public safety entities to ensure they receive accurate information to help their investigation," the Rancheria statement said.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office asks anyone with information to call 245-6540.
- Updated Pig-masked man among burglars to hit Bellagio jewelry store in Las Vegas
- London attack: 2 remain in custody for questioning
- Updated Officer-involved shooting investigation continues, I-5 closed
- Updated Emboldened Democrats look ahead to next fight
- Worried about companies spying on your browsing? Here's what you can do