REDDING, Calif. - Shasta County Sheriff's deputies have made an arrest Tuesday in one of the homicide investigations that began over the weekend.
Investigators said they arrested Johnny Bass and charged him with murder following a three-hour SWAT standoff.
Deputies said he hid under a tarp on the balcony of a home on Twin View Boulevard, refusing to follow officer's orders.
However after numerous commands, Bass called 911 and surrendered without incident.
Deputies believe he was responsible for the death of Milton Sherwood Jr. who was reportedly dropped off at Mercy Medical Center by two men Friday night, who then ran away.
Sherwood died at the hospital.
Shasta County Sheriff's officials said the shooting might've been related to marijuana.
On Tuesday afternoon, Shasta County Sheriff's officials said their next priority is locating the two unknown men who dropped Milton off at the hospital.
Bass' bail is set at $1.5 million.
- Italy earthquake survivors: "The future is finished"
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Trump's immigration pivot a buzz kill for Coulter's book tour
- Updated Recovering heroin addict thanks officer who arrested her
- Updated John Krasinski on 'The Hollars': I 'stole' a trick from George Clooney