REDDING, Calif. - A man escaped serious injury after being hit by a car while on his bike.
It happened just after 1 p.m. on Saturday at the intersection of Pine Street and Cypress Avenue.
The man was said to be in his 60's. He was complaining of shoulder pain and had abrasions over much of his body. An ambulance transported him to Mercy Medical Center.
A witness said the car was going around 40 miles per hour at the time of the crash.
Redding police are investigating how it happened, though they did say at the scene they do not believe drugs or alcohol played a role.
- Defective Takata air bag blamed for 11th death
- Updated Chico Great Debate kicks off for its 7th year
- Updated Murder victim's family believes he was setup by girlfriend
- Updated Trump to make 'closing argument,' lay out plan for first 100 days
- Updated The Clinton Foundation's gender pay gap worried campaign