LAKEHEAD, Calif. - Caltrans will stop traffic Tuesday morning on Interstate 5 north of Redding to demolish the old Antlers Bridge in Lakehead.
According to officials, Interstate 5 will be closed for 20 minutes on January 10 at 9 a.m. for the demolition, which will go on regardless of the weather.
The Sheriff's Office, California Highway Patrol and the U.S. Forest Service will be restricting traffic on I-5, local forest service roads and on the waterway.
Built in 1941, the old green truss structure will be brought down in a matter of seconds.
KRCR will be live streaming the demolition on Facebook Tuesday morning at https://www.facebook.com/KRCR7/
- Updated BLS data shows Redding workers earn 5% less than national average
- New Harlem residents outraged by attempt to rename neighborhood
- New New Jersey rabbi among those accused of welfare fraud
- Illinois could soon become America's first 'junk' state
- People really love eating at Olive Garden, same-store sales rise