HAPPY VALLEY, Calif. - One man was shot and another was arrested Sunday night after a domestic dispute in Shasta County.
Dylan Lawrence, 25, was arrested on a charge of attempted homicide.
It happened just after 7 p.m. on Emmet Lane in the Happy Valley area.
According to investigators, Lawrence and his girlfriend had been in a domestic dispute when the girlfriend ran to a neighbor's house.
According to a press release from the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, Lawrence shot the neighbor, 29-year-old Paul Corona, in the leg.
The Corona was rushed by ambulance to Mercy Medical Center. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
Lawrence was booked into the Shasta County Jail on a charge of attempted homicide.
- Some evacuations lifted for Grade Fire in Siskiyou County
- Updated Kaine: Trump 'pushing' KKK values
- Updated Clinton subject of new Trump campaign apparel
- Updated Judge blocks UNC from enforcing 'bathroom bill' against 3 plaintiffs
- Updated Facebook ditches humans in favor of algorithms for trending news